Dear Penn-Mar Team and Families:
After much consideration and to prioritize the health and safety of everyone we are making an immediate change to our operations that will affect anyone who receives supports related to our Far Hills, Maryland Line and Stoner Avenue day programs. These changes will be in effect through Friday, March 27th. We will frequently reassess if there is a need to change that timeline.
What to do if you or your family member receive supports?
- Do not send them to these locations for services.
- Over the next few days, program teams will be reaching out to these families to determine if there are any supports we can provide. Please feel free to proactively email your team.
- Residential services will continue to operate.
- Personal supports and employment will be handled on a case by case basis
- Only essential visitation to residential homes should be occur.
- If you find that you or your family member have tested positive, please inform a Program Manager or Quality Coordinator.
As a reminder to information in yesterday’s communication:
- All programs will minimize participation in larger community group activities and with populations that are at high-risk. For example, not participating in volunteer activities at senior centers, nursing homes, churches or activity clubs.
- We ask that non-essential travel for those we support be reconsidered. Until further notice–If anyone we support is planning to travel outside of the United States with family, they will need to remain out of all services for at least 2 weeks upon their return. This also includes any cruise ship travel.
What to do if you are a team member who works at one of these locations:
- Team members should report to their work location, unless otherwise directed.
- All team members will receive additional instructions and information in a separate communication.
We want to reiterate that this is a proactive measure and not the result of anyone suspected of exposure or positive test.
Thank you for your continued flexibility as we navigate this ever changing situation.
Chief Operating Officer